Our Open Mainframe Project Ambassador program has played a key role in growing the community of open source practitioners and users in the mainframe ecosystem for the last 3 years. These ambassadors are individuals who are passionate about mainframe technology, recognized for their expertise, and willing to help others learn about it and the community. Successful ambassadors are bloggers, influencers, and evangelists who are already engaged with an Open Mainframe Project hosted project in some way, including contributing to forums, online groups, community events, and more.
This program is overseen by the Open Mainframe Project Technical Advisory Council (TAC), which reviews the applications, selects new ambassadors, and renews existing ambassadors for the coming year. Currently, there are 26 ambassadors who promote open source on the mainframe, educate target audiences about Open Mainframe Project and contribute to hosted projects.
We are currently accepting applications for 2024 ambassadors. If you are interested in becoming an ambassador, complete the application here. The deadline to submit an application is December 7. The TAC will review applications and make selections on December 14. New ambassadors will be announced in January. Ambassadors can serve indefinitely, with their ambassadorship renewed yearly. Current ambassadors do not need to re-apply.
Requirements for becoming an official Open Mainframe Ambassador:
- Affiliated with an Open Mainframe Project member organization OR is a contributor to an Open Mainframe Project hosted project.
- Willing to speak at industry events and community meetups, write technical content such as blog posts and participate interviewed for articles, podcasts or other marketing and educational materials.
Required Time Commitments:
- Participate in at least one Open Mainframe Project asset per half of year ( Jan-June, July-Dec ). Examples include:
- Submitting a blog post for the Open Mainframe website
- Participating in an interview (TechStrong TV, TFIR, or other)
- Speaking at an industry event
- Leading or participating in a meetup
- Speaking at a webinar
- Report back on your activities for our end-of-year survey and report.