The Modernization Working Group provides leadership in defining modernization for mainframes and mainframe applications with a broad view of the options, focusing on how to achieve business outcomes. It aims to create a common definition and framework around modernization in the mainframe space; produce educational material and promote all messages and definitions in a wider landscape for better alignment.
The current members interested in leading the effort include: Broadcom Mainframe Software, IBM, Micro Focus, Model9, Rocket Software, SUSE and Vicom Infinity, a Converge Company.
- Collaborating on a common definition of “mainframe modernization”
- Creating a framework through which all vendors can highlight their modernization options.
- Producing educational materials about modernization options and actual examples.
- Creating one “go to” place for information about mainframe modernization.
- Educating the market (mainframe and non-mainframe) via social media, blogs, articles and conferences.
- Identifying opportunities for future Open Mainframe projects to enable modernization.